Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 9 - Your favourite book?


One of those questions that I never quite know how to answer. Favourite song, movie, book...... There are so many. And I love them all.

For 2012, a big part of my literary journey has been one of re-visiting old friends. And the winners for this year are Jane Austen's Persuasion and Charles Dickens' Bleak House. Both leave me all starry eyed and dreamy.

I love Jane for her wit, and insight into humanity. I love Charles for his ability to be gruesome, sensitive and funny all in the same time. Both authors take you on the most wonderful journeys.

And look at this edition of Bleak House. It was just lying about in my Dad's bookshelf. (Don't worry, he said I could have it) Printed in 1907.Ooooh, it gives me shivers every time I hold it.


No comments:

Post a Comment